Monday, October 27, 2008

In the heat

From the top of my sore thighs I happily announce a new PR for 10K established yesterday at LA Cancer Challenge. As I previously wrote, this is one of my favorite races in LA, because of the crowd, the food, the course and the crowd. That together with the need for a tune-up for NYC marathon and reassurance about my physical condition made up the right conditions for a good race. Gun time was 49:17, Chip time was 48:49, with an average pace of 7:53, overall place of 141/735 and age group 20/48. Finally better than my usual middle of the pack place.

I am also happy to announce that the compression socks really seem to help. My running form is really better, they were perfect for the temperature of 56F in the morning, and made my recovery faster. I recommend to all runners to give a try: SLS3 compression socks.

Greetings to the Trojans, for another brilliant victory, now at week 9, 17-10 over Arizona.

Congratulations to the Giants, for their victory 21-14 over the Pittsburgh Steelers on week 8.

This week Dean Karnazes is running the Sahara Desert Race, and you can follow his adventure on his blog. So far, he finished the first stage yesterday in fourth, and today has finished the second stage in third. Here I bring some pictures he showed in his blog.

Now I started packing for New York, keeping the heat of this last weekend to warm my feet for my next East Coast adventure.

Next races: ING New York Marathon (11/02/08).

Hero of the week: Dean Karnazes, the Ultramarathon Man, who is running the in Sahara Desert this weekend, following his schedule of running four deserts in 2008 (Atacama, Gobi, Sahara and Antarctica), besides Badwater.

Quote of the week: "If you can't run, then walk. And if you can't walk, then crawl. Do what you have to do. Just keep moving forward and never, ever give up." Dean Karnazes.




1 comment:

BAM said...

Loving your blog - looks great - and loving your enthusiasm. Shoot me your 2009 race schedule if you want to brian@tnstraining.com and maybe we can help you out.