Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Love your bike

I have never written how much I love my bike (2007 Scatante T560). It is one of the closest things to my heart, together with my wetsuit and my sunglasses. It amazes me how far and how fast it can take you (with appropriate training). There is also the green appeal, with the bonus of avoid driving in crazy cities, like LA. And there is the nostalgic feeling from our childhood (but I have to say: this bike hurts A LOT more than all my previous ones...).

That is probably the main reason I bought a trainer. Of course it was a good idea for ramping up the Ironman training, without leaving my wife alone for many hours on weekends (she still does not have a bike). It is also a big bonus to be able to train at 11PM in a weekday. I really needed to increase my time on the bike.

Setting up the trainer in the balcony of my new apartment seems almost an unfair advantage for me to beat the competition. If it really does not help me with biking, for sure it will help me with my running, as it has already done.

Finally I am ready to take ahead more serious training. I probably will need to buy more bike shorts.

Sent from my Iphone.

Next races: Surf City USA Marathon (02/01/09), Pasadena Marathon (03/22/09), 27th Annual Avia Wildflower Triathlon Long Course (05/02/09), Vineman Ironman 70.3 (07/19/09).

Heroes of the week: San Diego Chargers on the playoffs. Support your local team!

Quote of the week: “Talk of nothing but business, and dispatch that business quickly." Aldus Manutius.

No comments: