Sunday, January 25, 2009

Precious assets

I have never been faster and more dedicated. Since I got my Iphone on January 1st I earned an exceptional personal trainer. In the midst of training and planning for 2009 season, this device has made me a better athlete, all by allowing me to follow training principles that I have neglected in the past.

Time. It all starts with better time management. More organized, I am finally able to plan my days and save more time for training and rest. Now I do not have to choose between my different activities. I even have more time to watch tv!

Training Journal. I have kept an account at Buckeye Outdoors for the last few years, mostly to keep track of my races. Now I can log my workouts instantly and analyze my week from anywhere. During my rest I can compare my performance and engage on challenges with other athletes in the website.

The third training principle I have met this month is "what can be measured can be improved". I can use GPS technology through Imapmyrun and Imapmyride apps and have detailed and reliable info about my outdoor workouts, even for walks. I can even send a Twitter update of those activities.
Nutrition. I can finally keep real-time track of my food intake, using the app from livestrong. I am still making daily mistakes, but at least I can control my calorie intake and my weight pattern.

Dedication. I recently found many friends who care about the same goals and ideas, with whom I can talk endlessly about running, triathlon and endurance sports, joining Runcast.TV and Racenation online communities. They help me to stick to training, and give me energy to push forward, by telling their stories or challenging me. Twitter keeps me online with my friends, during training or rest. To keep this blog has also helped me to organize my ideas and goals, at least once a week.

It was really a good resolution to have started listening to my body, my mind and my friends at the dawn of 2009. Those are my most precious assets.

Hero of the week:
Lance Armstrong, putting public his life and sweat, defending a noble cause.
Quote of the week:
“Don't feel entitled to anything you didn't sweat and struggle for.” Marian Wright Edelman.

No comments: