Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Nursing 2010

I am happy and proud to say I'm busier than ever. Work is productive, the new apartment is comfortable, I am in control of my diet, and I am doing Yoga every day, all following my own schedule.

With the commitment of doing my first Ironman-distance race, the Full Vineman race in 07/31/10, I have since last December started Yoga practice, what became a basic daily need of my body and soul. Together with periodization of my diet following the principles taught by coach Bob Seebohar, I lost about four pounds, feel better and have more energy. Burning more fat, I can stand longer periods of time without food (5-6h instead of 2-3h), and I don't have the highs and peaks of blood sugar. My core is stronger, I don't have back or neck pains, and I sleep beter. I don't need daily doses of Ibuprofen anymore.

Of course, training time and activities have to increase. I am still working on setting up my training slots adapting myself to this new reality, but comparing to last year I am already more active. I bought a cheap hybrid bike to be able to bike to work and swimming workouts without being afraid of losing my beloved tri-adapted bike.

I am posting from my Iphone, so then I can post on the go, but unfortunately I cannot add pictures and make it prettier. But I really had to update my blog, after thinking about this post for over a month. I know this is probably a prolonged honeymoon with my improved me, but this has been my reality for two months. Just ran Pasadena Marathon last weekend, and suffered a good bit with poor training and gastric upset, but I felt good over the first 15 miles, finishing about the same time as the average time for previous marathons.

I am happy with myself and know what to do. Ready for more road work ahead.

No comments: